Friday, August 24, 2007

God’s Warriors

I just finished watching God’s Warriors on CNN. Now that’s a term that’s great for garnering a large audience interest for your station’s rating but it’s a misnomer by any standards.

It seems to suggest that God needs man to fight for God?

Wasn’t it stated somewhere that man was made in the image of God? And if God is Spirit, then man’s image is that of Spirit; not the physical.

We’re stuck in our heads that we are different; the colour of our skin, our clothes, our appearances, our possessions, our race, our religion, so thick are we that were physical, that we’ve forgotten we’re indeed spirit – holy.

I’m Spirit, I’m soul, and I live in my body.

On CNN I saw a mother say that’s it an honour that her son killed 4 women, before being shot dead by security forces.

I saw a blond haired right-wing politician justifying the need to discriminate between Europeans and Asians. (Here we go again?)

I saw a woman agree that she’s only worth half that of a man.

I saw a man blaspheme the name of God by carrying a rifle in the name of God?

All of this has always happened, and will continue to happen no matter how many fingers are pointed, hate, mistrust, blame, anger, revenge. The scenarios are different but the context is the same. It comes from a place called ‘I’m right – You’re wrong.’

Strangely I can’t help but feel that it’s all part of the great plan by the Universe, to help us realise the Truth, finally, just before we nearly annihilate ourselves.

The day we put aside our differences is the day that Peace begins. The day we can earnestly celebrate, accept and embrace not our differences BUT our ONENESS, is when Peace will reign – and that is the Truth.

God’s Warriors indeed!

4 comments:

Joo Hock (JooHock) said...

Hi Vasu,

I concur with your perspectives in your sharing of God's Warriors.

May I add, that the day we CELEBRATE OUR DIFFERENCES, as aspects of our ONENESS, Peace reigns.

I know of a Cambodian man, a Mr. Soreaksa Himm, who took the trouble to travel back to his homeland, to tell the killers of all 12 his family members, that he has forgiven them. He himself escaped death because they thought he too, died in the massacre. This man now lives in Vancouver

Anonymous said...

CNN - one of many reasons our TV made it to the dump two years ago.

Since we got rid of this apparatus, responsible for spreading negative radiation in too many homes, we have released hours a hours for more important/fulfilling things.. You should try it!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm That's a thought.. Actually TV will prove to be beneficial if they could show re runs of the Pink Panther Cartoons. He's got more personality han Wolf Blitzer and Chhristiana Annanpour anyway.

Anonymous said...

It was one of the boldest docu I hv even seen on TV.

A lesson for all to learn, especially for those who have 'embraced' a 'new' religion and dumped the 'previous' thinking it is a 'better' faith to follow.