Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Feeling Uncomfortable

I invited my ex girlfriend for coffee the other day. She turned me down saying that she was uncomfortable; that she'll only feel 'comfortable' again when I find a new girlfriend. I was left wondering what made her feel that way.

And only last night did I recall telling her a few months ago, that I still had feelings for her.

Isn't that only natural? Can you love someone one day, and not the next?

In a meeting a few weeks ago some friends and I were discussing a Money and You chart titled 'Orbit in Love'. It was there in fact that I asked this question. Every relationship, every person I have met are still very much in my orbit. It's the degree of their pull that matters.

With my ex, she'll always be in my orbit, just not near enough for me to feel romantically connected anymore.

For the role she played in my life, and the lessons she taught me, I'm grateful - and for that I love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww is it aunty corrine we're talking about?? yea i like her

hear from u soon uncle vasu

Anonymous said...

vasu, so much for your being wanting to keep name in confidence! haha...

there you go..."sassy" is out of the bag...lol...

Joo Hock (JooHock) said...

Glad to hear of your awareness and shifting to look out for the positives "things" orbiting around you. High 5s man!!

JooHock

Anonymous said...

something about ex's.....

you still have feelings for her?

but she sees you as not for her?

and yet she still has feelings for her other ex?

and despite the stuff you guys gone thru, she still has feelings for her other ex?

and now she found the wrong man and still has bad 'feelings' if she goes to have coffee with you?

too much pride i must say.

dear V, time to move on and prove u r still the better 'catch'!